Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The longest day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB
The best Father's Day gift I ever got was from God. He gave me my first born son, Robert Lee Sowell II (better known as Rob or Robby). He was born on Father's Day, Jun 21st, 1981 in Memphis, TN. In addition of being born on Father's Day, he also was born on the longest day of the year and the first day of summer. To set the record straight, regardless what he may have heard from other sources, Robby was named after his Father (me). His Father (me) was named after DR Robert G. Lee who was a famous Southern Baptist Preacher. When Robert Sowell (Bobby) senior (me) grew up and entered military service, he dropped the Initial "G", hence, Robert Lee Sowell was the official name. When Rob was born, he was given his Father's name also without the Initial "G". *Included in the below links is a letter written to Robert G. Lee Sowell (me)from DR Robert G. Lee in 1947, (It even mentions music.) How did he know that music would become a big part of my life?



I would like to wish my son Robby, who resides in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada along with his siblings, Amanda Marie and Christopher Michael, a very Happy 25 th Birthday! Now, you know a little more about my son, Robby Lee."HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB"! Hope to see you soon.

Other people Rob shares birthdays with are Price Williams, June 21,1982 and Country singer Martina McBride gave birth to a baby girl today, Jun 21st, 2005. The star and her husband John welcomed the arrival of Ava Rose Kathleen in Nashville, Tennessee. Both Ava and 38-year-old McBride were doing well, according to the singer's website.

Happy 1st day of summer everyone. According to our weather forecaster, there will be 14 hours of sunlight today. Also, look in tomorrow nights sky and see the annual "strawberry moon".

ROBBY RELATED LINKS:

Click here: The Niagara Falls X-men Meetup Group

Click here: Robby at Student Awards Forum

Click here: View 1947 Letter from DR Robert G. Lee

1 Comments:

Blogger BigGuy said...

Just curious if you are related to the Sowell Family (which I am) of Maury and Williamson Counties. Do you pronounce your last name like it rhymes with Powell or like Lowell?

Tom Sowell
Dallas, Texas

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home