Friday, May 26, 2006

Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday Mandy!
My daughter, Mandy Sowell is celebrating her 26th birthday today. She resides in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. She was born in Memphis, TN on Memorial Day 1980. She is an artist in her own right. Maybe she got her talent from her Dad. When Mandy was 3 years old and barely could talk, she knew the capitols of most of the US States and countries around the world thanks to her Dad who drilled her. (There is a cassette tape to prove it). Of course, she was coached and rewarded with Ice cream at Shoney's Big Boy Restaurant. The management were so impressed, they usually gave her the Ice cream for FREE. Everyone marveled on her ability to remember all them facts. It was a cute sight to see!

I tried calling Mandy at home tonight as I always do on my children's birthdays. However, she was not there and was out with her boy friend. Since I was unable to talk to her, I did the next best thing and sent her a song-a-gram, via my telephone, my Yamaha Clavanova and her answering machine. I played her the "Happy Birthday Song" live and left it recorded on the answering machine for her to listen to when she comes home. I hope to talk with her 'live' on Sunday at her Grandma's house.

It is interesting to note that all three of my Canadian children were born in the US and on US Holidays. My oldest son Rob Sowell was born on Father's Day and my youngest son, Chrisopher Sowell was born on Veteran's Day.

View Mandy's Art Creations
Click here: Mandy's Art Gallery

View more Mandy and family archive photos
Click here: Childhood and Growing-up Pics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home