Monday, March 27, 2006

Go Lady Vols


What makes Champions?
Well, like most Memphians, I was disapointed in the poor performance of the Memphis Tigers. I heard all the excuses from the players and Coach Calipari but the bottom line is what makes champions is going that extra mile. The Tigers looked tired and lackadaisical to me. UCLA didn't look much better but was less worse that gave them the five point win. Having said that, I am also proud of the Tiger's record breaking season. They accomplished a lot and made Memphis proud once again. Hopefully, they will be back next year and go on to win it all. No doubt, they should have won it all this year and were capably of beating any of the final four teams but reality has set in and now my attention is focused on the Tennessee Lady Vols who did make it to their Final Four. I guess you could call me more of a Tennessean than a Memphian when it comes to supporting teams. I was born and raised in Memphis but my Mom was from East Tennessee. I love East Tennessee, the people there and the Tennessee Vols. I moved to Bartlett, one of the toy towns outside of Memphis, as Memphis Mayor Willie Herrington calls them (that's another story). I must admit that I did get caught up with Tiger fever and hope to support them again next year.

But what do I know? I'm a musician, I'm not supposed to be a conservative Republican or even into the sport scene, let a lone a free thinker. But what else is one supposed to do on a Blog? Go Vols!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home